Q: How long will my seeds last?
A: Shelf life varies depending on the seed, but it ranges from 1-10 years dependent on the type of seed. Herbs and Teas have a shelf life of 2-3 years, vegetables and fruits range from 5-7 years, and grains range from 7-10 years. Store all seeds in a cool, dry, and dark location to maximize life. Do not freeze and do not expose to heat.
Q: Why should I use non-hybrid (open pollinated) rather than hybrid seeds?
- Better Nutrition – Commercial Produce lacks nutrition, research has shown.
- Sustainable Gardening - Saving Seeds is only possible with open-pollinated seeds
- Economic Security – In recessions and depressions, FOOD IS ECONOMIC SECURITY
- Food Supply Independence – If food supplies are challenged, home gardening is freedom.
- Crop Diversity – Participate in saving the original strains from extinction
- Investment Hedge – Seeds are an excellent alternative investment to paper money, stocks and securities, even gold if the markets were to dive long-term.
Q: Why should I buy Heirloom Organics Non-Hybrid Seed Packs?
- Best price – Heirloom Organics Seed Pack are wholesale or bulk amounts of seed sold in complete, integrated packs.
- Largest Amount – Our Seed Packs are HUGE! From the Vault to the Farm Pack, we provide bulk quantities in our packs.
- Long-Term Storage Prepared – We use the VAULTtm method to extend seed life up to twice.
- Use now AND store for later – Our Packs are double sealed so you can use seeds this year and store the rest without harming the extended shelf-life.
Q: Can I open my seeds, use some and re-seal them for storage?
A: Yes. They are double sealed so you can reseal them without harming the shelf life.
Q: Can I buy individual packets?
A: No, we ONLY SELL COMPLETE SETS. This is the only way we can provide wholesale amounts AND process them for long-term storage. Sorry, No individual Packets and no replacements.
Q: Should I freeze my seeds?
A: Only if you plan to keep them there. Freezing DOES help extend seed life as long as they are not removed often.
Q: How Much will shipping be?
A: UPS determines the shipping amount. The shipping cost will be added to your order once you place it.
Q: Do you ship to Europe/Asia?
A: We only ship to U.S. and Canada currently. Agricultural restrictions between countries make it very difficult to ship seeds.
Q: You DO ship to Canada?
A: Yes we do, however, Canada restricts some grains like wheat, barley and rye. We must provide replacements on some packs and some we cannot ship at all. Please see the list.
Q: What are Heirloom seeds?
A: Heirloom seeds are simply the oldest strains of open pollinated seeds. Varieties that were commonly grown during early periods of history. No one really agrees at what age a seed becomes 'heirloom'. Some say fifty years, others disagree. It is not necessary to have "heirloom" seeds for a survival or preparedness garden. Open pollinated seeds are what is required.
Q: What about variety replacements?
A: Due to ongoing seed shortages, seed varieties subject to change without notice. Replacements will be as close as possible and will be included in your order documentation.
Q: Do I get instructions or assistance?
A: Yes! When your product arrives, you will have access to the largest Organic Growing Guide on the internet for free, 24/7 information.
Please contact Health Ranger Store Customer Service for your return authorization. Do not contact the Manufacturer directly.
We gladly accept returns and exchanges, minus original shipping, within 30 days of the purchase date with a valid RMA(Return Merchandise Authorization). Please contact our customer service department for a RMA number. Once your request is approved, instructions including an RMA# and return shipping address will be provided. Packages received back at the wrong address or without an RMA# will be refused and returned to sender.