Wool Mattress for Bassinet/Cradle
WOOL MATTRESS FOR BASSINET/CRADLE
**For US Shipping Only**
The Health Ranger Store cares very much about the treatment of the animals used for the products sold in our store.
ONLY Merino wool is used in the production of the Wildridge Healthy Living products. ALL the wool is sourced from within the United States, and have very high standards on quality control and animal treatment.
Please visit http://www.sheepusa.org to learn more about the Sustainable Wool program.
Find out more about the qualities of wool https://www.healthrangerstore.com/pages/the-qualities-of-wool
Please be aware that many of our products are made to order. Most items will be mailed out between 5 and 7 days, but is not guaranteed. It may take up to 10 days before your items are mailed. Please make purchases with this in mind. Should you have any questions or requests, please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
- Hand made with organic cotton fabric and Premium Eco-Wool batting.
- Safe, firm, tightly hand tufted every 4".
- Machine Washable with special instructions provided.
- Custom sizing available.
HOME LAUNDRY INSTRUCTIONS
1) Place product in warm soapy water and gently work up and down by hand through the water.
2) Squeeze out water by hand or on spin cycle.
3) Repeat as above for the rinse.
4) Hang up or lay flat to dry. NO AUTOMATIC DRYER! AND NO FRONT LOADING WASHING MACHINES!
Tumbling in the washer or dryer will shrink your wool.
We recommend having your wool product recarded by our custom processing woolen mill which is the only way to restore it's loft. You should get your wool product (recarded, reworked, reconditioned, refurbished, renewed, restored) every 4 to 8 years. Take care to prevent moth damage if storage is necessary; i.e. cedar chips, cedar closet, moth crystals or freezer. Store in a cloth bag or wrapped in paper to allow for proper ventilation.
Wash by hand in a wash tub or bath tub using warm water and detergent safe for the outside cover. Washing can also be done in a top loading washing machine on soak cycle only. DO NOT USE A FRONT LOADING MACHINE. DO NOT AGITATE your wool product in the washing machine as it will become matted.
FOR ALL OUR PRODUCTS
Unmake Your Bed
One of the best things you can do is unmake your bed in the morning for a few hours, allowing the moisture you gave off during the night to evaporate from the wool bedding.
Sunning Your Bedding
Placing your wool bedding in the sun a few times per year is an excellent way to refresh and cleanse your bedding using the benefits of the sun. Sunning will naturally deodorize, bleach, disinfect, and revitalize your bedding.
Protection Is Key
Protect your wool bedding by placing it inside an appropriate cotton cover that can be washed regularly and act as a barrier for your bedding during everyday use.
- Place a comforter inside a duvet cover
- Put your pillow inside a zippered pillow case
- For mattress toppers, use a moisture barrier and then a fitted sheet
Do I need to wash my bedding before I use it?
No, your wool bedding is ready to use. There’s no need to wash it unless it’s your preference. There are no chemicals located in our production facility, no animals on-site, no finishes used on the fabric and we maintain a Scent Free facility.
Can my bedding be washed & how?
Most of our wool bedding can be washed using our special washing instructions provided with your purchase. If you need a copy of the washing instructions please contact us and we’ll email it to you as soon as possible.
In case of emergency:
- Gently spot clean the affected area.
- Set aside to later wash the entire product once you have received the washing instructions.
- You can also treat the problem area with live cultured enzymes which eliminate odors. (i.e. Biokleen makes a product called Bac Out.) These enzyme products can be found at your local health food store/ co-op.
- If you need another copy of the washing instructions, please contact us.
We believe you will be more than delighted with your mattress, but if you are not completely satisfied you may return it to us (in original condition and with receipt) for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.