Here’s why Pink Himalayan Salt is the ultimate survival preparedness item to stock up on
Salt is important to human life. It is our main source of sodium (Na+) and chloride (Cl-) ions, which are required for many bodily processes. 
Sodium is essential for the regulation of blood pressure and body fluids. It is also required for the transmission of nerve impulses, the contraction and relaxation of muscles, and the maintenance of proper mineral balance. Your body needs approximately 500 milligrams (mg) of sodium daily to perform these functions. 
Like sodium, chloride plays a role in muscle contraction and the transmission of nerve signals. It also helps regulate fluid balance and pH. Additionally, chloride supports the production of hydrochloric acid in your stomach, without which your body cannot digest food properly. You need to get about 3 g of chloride from your diet daily. 
Both sodium and chloride are naturally present in raw, unprocessed foods, albeit in small amounts. This is why foods benefit greatly from the addition of salt, which not only increases their sodium and chloride content, but also enhances their flavor. Sodium is what gives food saltiness, while chloride helps modulate the salty taste. 
Given the importance of sodium and chloride for maintaining bodily functions, it’s easy to see why salt is essential to life. This is also why it’s crucial that you secure your salt supply in preparation for unforeseen emergencies. When SHTF, having an adequate supply of salt, among other things, will help ensure your survival. This invaluable item will also serve you in many surprising ways.
There are different types of salt that you can add to your survival stockpile. But for preppers looking to maximize their resources, there’s a versatile, healthy salt that you should prioritize getting: pink Himalayan salt.
Why Pink Himalayan Salt is better than other types of salt
Table salt is the most commonly used salt in the human diet. It is typically mined from underground deposits and undergoes heavy processing. During refining, all other minerals are removed from it, leaving only sodium and chloride. This is why table salt is about 99% NaCl. 
In many countries including the United States, it is common practice to fortify table salt with iodine.  But manufacturers also add anti-caking agents to table salt to prevent the salt crystals from clumping. The presence of these additives along with its high sodium content are the main reasons why refined table salt is considered the least healthy salt variety.
For people searching for healthy alternatives, Kosher salt is one of the most popular table salt substitutes available. A favorite among many chefs, this salt has large, irregularly shaped grains and is less salty than table salt. Kosher salt is either harvested from underground rock deposits or produced by evaporating seawater. Unlike refined table salt, Kosher salt does not contain anti-caking agents, but it also doesn’t contain other minerals apart from sodium and chloride. Some brands, however, fortify their Kosher salts with iodine. 
Despite having larger grains, one tablespoon of Kosher salt weighs less than one tablespoon of table salt. It also contains less sodium per serving, which is why it is preferred by many. One teaspoon of Kosher salt contains only about 1,800 mg of sodium, while the same amount of table salt contains 2,325 mg of sodium. However, Kosher salt produced by evaporating seawater often contains microplastic residues from the ocean.
There is another, equally popular but far healthier type of salt than Kosher salt. Pink Himalayan salt, or pink salt, is only sourced from one place: the natural deposits found in the Khewra Salt Mine located in the Punjab region in Pakistan.  This mine is said to be the second-largest salt mine in the world.
Often called the “purest salt on earth,” pink Himalayan salt has certain qualities that make it a better and healthier alternative to table salt than Kosher salt. For starters, it doesn’t undergo heavy processing, apart from being mined and washed by hand. Pink Himalayan salt also contains a combination of up to 84 different minerals, including essential ones like calcium, magnesium, potassium and sulfur. These macrominerals make pink Himalayan salt more nutritious and give it a slightly different taste from table salt. 
Pink Himalayan salt also naturally contains iodine, but not as much as iodized salt. Its characteristic color is thanks to a compound called iron oxide, which is composed of iron and oxygen. Because it has larger salt crystals and more minerals, pink Himalayan salt contains less sodium than table salt. In fact, it contains even less sodium than Kosher salt.
One teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt contains about 1,680 mg of sodium, so you won’t have to use a lot when seasoning your food. According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, adults should limit their sodium intake to no more than 2,300 mg a day.  Consuming more than this amount can lead to serious health problems, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, loss of bone calcium and stroke.  Therefore, using pink Himalayan salt instead of table salt can help you better control or reduce your sodium intake to support optimal health.
Pink Himalayan Salt has many health benefits and survival uses
In a survival scenario, being in top shape is an advantage and maintaining optimal health should be your top priority. Pink Himalayan salt not only provides more nutrients and less sodium per serving, but it also offers health benefits when used regularly.
Here are some of the benefits that you can enjoy when you switch to pink Himalayan salt:
- Supports optimal electrolyte balance – Sodium and chloride are known as electrolytes, which are minerals that carry an electric charge. Electrolytes are crucial for the health and normal functioning of your cells because they allow nutrients to be transported in and waste to be transported out. They also help keep the amount of fluid inside and outside of your cells balanced.  But when you sweat, your body loses electrolytes. Having low electrolyte levels can cause a variety of problems, including fatigue, headaches and dehydration, all of which can significantly lower your chance of survival when SHTF.  Eating nutritious meals and seasoning your food with pink Himalayan salt, which contains many important electrolytes like sodium, chloride, potassium, calcium and magnesium, can help you maintain healthy electrolyte levels and optimal fluid balance.
- Supports healthy blood pressure levels that are already within the normal range – Having high blood pressure, or hypertension, is dangerous and can lead to heart attack and stroke.  According to a study published in the journal Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine, the best way to support your body’s natural ability to regulate blood pressure is to maintain healthy sodium levels and optimal fluid balance.  You can achieve this by exercising regularly, eating a well-balanced diet and controlling your sodium intake.  Because pink Himalayan salt contains less sodium than table salt, switching to pink Himalayan salt is a great way to support healthy blood pressure levels that are already within the normal range.
- Supports optimal energy levels – To handle an emergency situation as best you can, you need to have healthy energy levels. Eating foods rich in complex carbohydrates can give you lasting energy, while foods rich in electrolytes can keep your body functioning optimally. Pink Himalayan salt contains plenty of electrolytes and can support optimal electrolyte balance. This is important for your body’s energy production and the normal functioning of your nerves and muscles, which allow you to move. 
- Supports healthy, glowing skin – According to experts, electrolytes enable your cells to regulate your body’s pH levels and maintain proper hydration.  Hydration is especially important for your skin because its outermost layer needs sufficient moisture to stay smooth and elastic and to flush out toxins.  Because electrolytes help your skin retain water, you need to maintain healthy electrolyte levels. Pink Himalayan salt can provide you with a variety of electrolytes to keep your skin healthy.
Aside from offering health benefits, pink Himalayan salt has plenty of survival uses. Since pure salt is a stable compound, it will last indefinitely without losing its flavor in storage, so long as it is stored properly. This means keeping it in an airtight container in a cool, dry and dark location. 
When SHTF, you’ll find that having an abundant supply of this versatile salt in your emergency stockpile is a definite advantage. Here are some survival uses of pink Himalayan salt:
- For preserving food – Salting is an ancient food preservation method that can help prolong the shelf life of food. Dry-salted strips of meat, vegetable or fish last long in storage because salt draws out all of the moisture. This effectively prevents food spoilage because bacteria need moisture to grow.  In addition, salt can kill some types of bacteria by sucking out their water content through a process known as osmosis.  If you use pink Himalayan salt to preserve food, you won’t have to worry about adding too much sodium to your diet.
- For making an emergency rehydration fluid – Thanks to its abundance of mineral electrolytes, you can use pink Himalayan salt to make an emergency rehydration fluid that can restore proper electrolyte balance. To prepare, simply dissolve half a teaspoon of the salt and six teaspoons of organic sugar in four cups of water.
- For making a saline solution to clean wounds – Another useful solution that you can make with pink Himalayan salt is a saline solution for cleaning wounds. A saline solution works well because it is non-toxic, isotonic and does not damage healing tissues.  To prepare a saline solution, dissolve 10 grams of pink Himalayan salt in one liter of water and use it to clean open wounds. Note that applying raw salt directly to your wound is not advisable.
- For preparing a relaxing salt bath – If you need rest and relaxation, prepare a relaxing salt bath using pink Himalayan salt. A warm Himalayan salt bath can help soothe sore and tired muscles, as well as help your skin retain moisture. A study published in the journal Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine also recommends soaking in a warm bath to reduce stressful feelings and fatigue. 
- For enhancing the flavor and mineral content of food – Pink Himalayan salt is the purest salt on the planet and also one of the healthiest. Because it contains up to 84 different minerals and less sodium than table salt, using pink Himalayan salt to season your food is better for your overall health.
- For bartering – Salt is an important commodity that you can’t do without. Salt makes food taste better and has many other uses outside the kitchen. In a post-SHTF world, salt will be an invaluable item to have on hand and you can use pink Himalayan salt to barter for things you need.
Where to get clean, laboratory-verified Pink Himalayan Salt
Pink Himalayan salt is the ultimate survival preparedness item to stock up on because of its many uses and health benefits. Aside from being arguably the healthiest alternative to highly refined table salt, pink Himalayan salt can also be used to preserve food, replenish lost electrolytes, make an emergency wound-cleansing solution, and more.
When stored properly, pink Himalayan salt can also last for years in storage without degrading or losing its flavor. This makes this versatile salt a worthy investment, an excellent bartering item and a great all-around item to have in times of emergency.
To help you complete your survival stockpile, the Health Ranger Store is offering Health Ranger Select Fine Ground Pink Himalayan Salt. This premium salt contains an abundance of important electrolytes, such as sodium, chloride, potassium, calcium and magnesium, and other minerals you won’t find in regular table salt.
Our Health Ranger Select Fine Ground Pink Himalayan Salt is mined from ancient salt deposits located deep inside the Himalayan Mountains using traditional room and pillar mining. The harvested salt crystals undergo thorough inspection and lab testing to ensure our product’s high quality and purity.
Health Ranger Select Fine Ground Pink Himalayan Salt is vegan and certified Kosher and does not contain GMOs, gluten, anti-caking or bonding agents, other additives or processing aids. Like all products offered by the Health Ranger Store, our fine ground pink Himalayan salt is also meticulously lab tested for glyphosate, heavy metals and microbiology.
Support optimal health and build an excellent survival stockpile with clean, lab-verified pink Himalayan salt!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat, cure or diagnose any diseases.
 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov https://www.hindawi.com