Here’s why Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil deserves a spot in your survival cache
A survival cache is a secret hiding place for your emergency stockpile. It is different from the ones you have at home and at your chosen bug-out location, and is meant to help you survive when SHTF and you are between the two locations. A survival cache is also a good way to split up your supplies and is a great fallback in case you lose your bug-out bag while traveling. 
Building your survival cache takes a lot of time and planning. After all, you may choose to keep multiple caches so you’re best prepared for every possible scenario you can think of. While there are no set rules as to what to put in your survival cache, there are basic supplies that ought to be in it, such as food, water, a first aid kit and some items for bartering. 
Of course, food, gold and silver are probably your first choices for barter items. But medical supplies and emergency medicines also hold a lot of barter value. In general, items with great versatility are easy to barter with, so it would be wise to make some space in your survival cache for useful, all-around items like essential oils. 
Essential oils have a lot of practical uses. Depending on their chemical properties, they can serve as natural remedies for a wide variety of issues. In fact, essential oils have a long history of use in traditional medicine and skin care that can be traced back to the time of the ancient Egyptians! 
Essential oils can also be used for hygienic purposes and as non-toxic ingredients for cleaning solutions. Some (food-grade ones) even make great substitutes for fresh herbs and spices.  Besides their pleasing fragrance, essential oils boast many beneficial properties that can help you maintain cleanliness and support optimal health, which is crucial in survival situations.
Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil is a useful item to have in your survival cache
Essential oils are natural oils extracted directly from plants. These aromatic oils were first used by ancient civilizations to make cosmetics and ointments. In Asia, historical records from China and India also mention the use of various essential oils for healing in great detail. But it wasn’t until the 19th century that the active components of these oils began to be properly identified. 
Today, essential oils are used both commercially and in clinical practice by professionals, often as a complementary intervention. The most common use for essential oils in healthcare settings is for supporting emotional health, especially before and after surgery. Because they are well-tolerated and inexpensive, essential oils are preferred by many. 
In a survival scenario where resources might not be readily available, essential oils can be your go-to remedy for minor complaints. As their use is well-documented and studied, there can be no question as to their efficacy for certain applications.  The versatility of essential oils also makes them excellent barter items and invaluable additions to a survival cache.
When choosing essential oils to add to your stockpile, consider one as potent and useful all-around as frankincense serrata. This wonderful oil, also known as Indian frankincense or the “King of Oils,” is derived from the aromatic resin of the Boswellia serrata tree, which is native to parts of India and Pakistan. 
Frankincense serrata essential oil is often described as having a brighter citrus aroma than other types of frankincense oil. It also contains the highest amount of a-thujene, a monoterpene that’s also found in eucalyptus. a-Thujene has many beneficial properties and is said to be responsible for some of frankincense serrata essential oil’s health benefits. 
Aside from a-thujene, frankincense serrata essential oil owes its incredible health benefits to bioactive compounds called boswellic acids. These pentacyclic triterpenes are found at high concentrations in the oleo-gum-resin that can be harvested from Boswellia trees. Frankincense essential oil is extracted from this oleo-gum-resin via hydrodistillation, or steam distillation. 
According to studies, frankincense serrata essential oil contains four major boswellic acids, namely, B-boswellic acid (BBA), acetyl-B-boswellic acid (ABA), 11-keto-B-boswellic acid (KBA) and acetyl-11-keto-B-boswellic acid (AKBA).  BBA is known for its ability to support the healthy functions of nerve cells, while ABA, KBA, AKBA have been shown to support a healthy immune system. 
Thanks to the health-supporting properties of these potent plant compounds, frankincense serrata essential oil can be an invaluable item to have in times of emergencies. When disaster strikes and supplies are scarce, this essential oil will not only serve as a great barter item, but it can also help you stay in tip-top shape by:*
- Supporting optimal joint health and mobility – A well-known Ayurvedic remedy, several clinical trials have shown that frankincense serrata can help you maintain healthy joints, which is important for mobility.  When SHTF, having the ability to move quickly without any hindrance is a huge advantage because it will allow you to escape or dodge dangerous situations.  According to a study published in the journal Arthritis Research & Therapy, frankincense serrata supports optimal mobility/ease of movement by protecting joints and cartilage from enzymes that break down structural proteins like collagen.  Collagen is the main component of articular cartilage, which helps your joints move smoothly.
- Supporting optimal immune function – According to research, your skin harbors different types of immune cells, which is why it can be considered an active immune organ.  As part of your body’s built-in defense system, your skin’s main function is to serve as a barrier against external threats. Frankincense serrata essential oil can help you maintain healthy immune function by supporting your skin’s barrier function. According to a study published in Letters in Applied Microbiology, two potent compounds in frankincense serrata, namely, a-thujene and p-cymene, actively help with this.  A study published in the journal Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity also reports that the AKBA in frankincense serrata essential oil can support healthy immune responses. 
- Supporting healthy, glowing skin – In addition to supporting your skin’s protective functions, frankincense serrata essential oil can help you maintain healthy, glowing skin. While your appearance should be the least of your worries in a survival situation, having healthy skin is actually important for your survival. Because it is your skin’s job to hold body fluids in, you need it to be in good condition to prevent dehydration.  Your skin is also full of nerve endings that help you feel things like heat, cold and pain, so keeping your skin healthy is just as important as keeping the rest of your body functioning optimally. According to a study published in the journal Frontiers in Physiology, frankincense serrata can help your skin retain moisture by protecting against the enzyme that dissolves hyaluronic acid.  Hyaluronic acid is a substance naturally produced by your body to help lubricate your tissues.  It also plays a role in supporting your body’s natural ability to heal. 
- Supporting optimal oral health – Reports of frankincense serrata essential oil’s versatility are not exaggerated. Besides doing wonders for your skin, immune and joint health, this useful oil can also support optimal oral health. In a study published in the journal BMC Research Notes, researchers found that the boswellic acids in frankincense serrata essential oil, particularly AKBA, can provide much-needed protection to your oral cavity.  This is why holistic dentists recommend using frankincense oil as part of your oral care routine -- because its beneficial properties can help you maintain healthy teeth and gums.  In a survival scenario, you can take advantage of frankincense serrata’s natural cleansing properties by using it to make an all-natural mouthwash or toothpaste. 
- Supporting restful sleep – Sleep is important for the normal functioning of your body. Sleep, or the lack thereof, can greatly affect your physical and mental health, your brain’s performance, your metabolism and even your body’s ability to defend against threats.  Because sleep deprivation could lead to costly mistakes and decrease your chance of survival, you should still prioritize getting a few hours of sleep even in a survival situation.  If you suffer from sleep issues, having frankincense serrata essential oil on hand can naturally help you get some much-needed rest. Apart from rejuvenating the mind and body, frankincense serrata essential oil can also induce feelings of relaxation.  This can not only help put your mind at ease, it can also help you get some restful sleep.
- Supporting a positive mood – In a SHTF situation, your supplies are not the only things that could determine your survival – your attitude also makes a huge difference. A positive mood can work wonders for your decision-making and help you develop a survival attitude.  Frankincense serrata essential oil is a useful item to have in highly stressful situations because it can help support a positive mood. According to a study published in The FASEB Journal, frankincense contains an active component called incensole acetate that exerts a positive influence on certain ion channels in the brain involved in emotional regulation.  Frankincense serrata essential oil can help reduce anxious feelings and naturally uplift your mood.
- Offering natural cleansing properties – According to a study published in the journal Medicines, frankincense serrata essential oil’s natural cleansing properties make it the ideal ingredient for an all-natural solution to support good hygiene.  This benefit can be attributed to potent compounds like a-thujene, p-cymene, trans-verbenol and sabinene.  The presence of these active components also makes frankincense serrata essential oil the perfect non-toxic cleaning agent to use wherever you are. To maximize its beneficial properties, use frankincense serrata essential oil in combination with myrrh essential oil.
Simple ways to use Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
There are many ways to take advantage of frankincense serrata essential oil’s beneficial properties. Although the oil can work alone – always remember to dilute it first in a gentle carrier oil before applying topically – it can also be used in combination with other essential oils or natural ingredients to make a variety of useful solutions. Here are some recipes that feature this fragrant, versatile oil:
For a non-toxic household cleaner: 
1 ½ cups water
1 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon unscented liquid castile soap
20 drops Frankincense serrata essential oil
20 drops Lemon essential oil
20 drops Sweet Orange oil
Dark glass spray bottle
- Combine all the essential oils and other ingredients in the spray bottle.
- Cap the bottle tightly and shake well to mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Spray on hard surfaces such as kitchen countertops, door knobs, etc.
- Let sit for 1-2 minutes before wiping clean.
For a DIY hand sanitizer: 
2/3 cup rubbing alcohol or witch hazel
1/3 cup aloe vera gel
10 drops Frankincense serrata essential oil
10 drops Lavender essential oil
Small pump bottle
- Mix the rubbing alcohol and aloe vera gel together until well-blended.
- Add the essential oils and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the small pump bottle using a funnel or a spouted bowl.
For an alcohol-free mouthwash:
20 oz bottle
30 drops Frankincense serrata essential oil
- Fill the 20 oz bottle with clean water.
- Add 30 drops of frankincense serrata essential oil.
- Seal the bottle and shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour one tablespoon into your mouth and swish it around for 60 seconds.
- Spit it out. Do not swallow.
- Gargle with the mouthwash twice a day for fresher breath.
Where to get lab-verified Organic Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
Essential oils are portable survival items with a wide range of uses. While they’re easy to carry everywhere, you won’t regret storing some extras in your survival cache. Thanks to their versatility and beneficial properties, essential oils like frankincense serrata are not only reliable natural remedies for minor complaints, but also excellent barter items when SHTF.
If you’re looking for an all-around essential oil to add to your survival cache, the Health Ranger Store is proud to offer Health Ranger’s Organic Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil. Carefully steam-distilled from the oleo-gum-resin derived from Boswellia serrata trees, this clean, high-quality essential oil is packed with bioactive compounds like a-thujene and boswellic acids that can help you maintain optimal skin, joint, immune and oral health.
Thanks to its abundance of active components, Health Ranger’s Organic Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil also boasts natural cleansing properties that make it an ideal ingredient for making solutions that support good personal hygiene. This premium frankincense essential oil is also a fragrant, non-toxic alternative to commercial cleaning products, which often contain harsh chemicals that can harm your health.
Every bottle of Health Ranger’s Organic Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil contains only 100% pure, organic frankincense serrata essential oil and is free of additives, fillers and synthetic chemicals. Lab verified for cleanliness and potency, this essential oil is therapeutic-grade, non-China and certified USDA organic. Like all other products at the Health Ranger Store, it is also meticulously lab tested for glyphosate, heavy metals and microbiology.
Complete your emergency stockpile with the addition of versatile survival items like Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat, cure or diagnose any diseases.